Talren is a software that allows the verification of the stability of geotechnical structures, with or without reinforcements: natural slopes, embankments, dams and dykes; structures reinforced by prestressed tie rods, nails, piles and micropiles, geotextiles, geogrids, reinforced earth and reinforcing strips.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF TALREN V6
- implementation of proven calculation methods using a calculation engine validated over 20 years
- user-friendly interface, both for data entry (numerous project definition wizards) and for processing the results
- integration of the kinematic method of yield deisgn allowing to go beyond the limitations of traditional methods (slice methods)
- complete staged construction management: checking all the phases of a project in the same file
- consideration of a full range of reinforcement elements: nails/inclusions, tie rods, strips, struts etc.
- compatibility with the application standards of Eurocode 7 and in particular with the new standard NF P 94 270 of October 2020 for the justification of nailed soil structures.
- numerous connections with other software: links with Plaxis 2D (geometry, soil characteristics and pore pressure mesh), Autocad (geometry)
- numerous additional modules (see below): slope stabilising piles, integrated calculation of a water flow regime, sensitivity analyses, calculation of post-earthquake displacements etc.
Talren v6 integrates a new calculation kernel, several new functionalities as well as complementary modules allowing to extend the application fields of the software:
- « Pile » module
This complementary module allows a more accurate estimation of the resistance contribution along a reinforcement element of the “nail” type, representative of a pile, an inclusion or a bar working in flexion-shear. The calculation is based on an elasto-plastic model of the “p-y” type, taking into account the multi-layer nature of the soil.
- « Water flow » module
This module allows an integrated calculation, under steady state conditions, of the pore pressure field to be considered for stability analyses. The calculation is based on a numerical resolution of the Laplace equation taking into account the multilayer and anisotropic character of the ground.
Examples of water flow regimes within a dam and around a retaining wall
- « Sensitivity » module
This module offers the possibility of automatically conducting sensitivity studies to evaluate the influence of the various model parameters on the stability of the structure studied. It is also possible to carry out a reliability analysis which consists in quantifying the safety in terms of reliability index or failure probability (analysis based on the RSM method).
Summary of the results of a sensitivity study
- Internal stability of a nailed soil massif (NF P 94 270 – October 2020)
Talren v6 now offers the possibility of specifying and/or automatically adjusting the forces at the head of the nails required to verify the internal stability of a nailed floor structure, in accordance with the provisions of the new NF P 94 270 standard dated October 2020.
Schematic diagram for automatic nail head force setting
- Seismic module
Talren v6 allows the automatic search for the destabilising seismic acceleration (the one leading to the limit equilibrium) which can be used as input to an “Earthquake” wizard integrated in the software, allowing the empirical or analytical calculation of the irreversible post-earthquake displacements (Newmark type model).
Empirical or analytical calculation of irreversible post-earthquake displacement
This new version also makes it easier to use the kinematic method of yield design with the possibility of automatically setting the XF factor (which plays the role of the safety factor with regard to the shear resistance). It is now also possible to specifically identify the safety margins for external loads applied in the field (new XQ factor).
To get a quote for a new Talren v6 licence or an upgrade from Talren v5, contact us via the quotation request.